What Constitutes Ragging?
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts or Disturbs the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardships, Physical or Psychological Harm or creates Fear.
- Any act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or Danger to Health or life.
- Any act of Abuse by Spoken Words, e-mail, SMS, MMS or Public Insult etc.
- Any act of Injury to the Fundamental Right to Human Dignity.
- Any act of Wrongful Confinement, use of Criminal Force Trespass or Intimidation.
- Any Unlawful Assembly or Abatement or Conspiracy to "Ragging".
As per the AICTE/UGC/JNTUA Regulations & the Directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court
of India "Ragging" Constitutes one or more of any of the following Acts with or
without any intention by any Student or Group of Students;
Measures taken towards Anti ragging
|To prevent the menace of ragging, Anti-Ragging Committee has been constituted in the College.||An anti-ragging awareness should be initiated amongst the students/ teachers/ parents that ragging shall not go unpunished.|
|All senior students should be made aware of the punishment to be awarded to them if they are found indulging in any form of ragging.||The contacts numbers of anti ragging committee members are provided and made available to students for instant information on ragging.|
|At the start of the academic session, all students should submit an affidavit along with their parents to the effect that they would never be involved in any form of ragging during their study in the institution.||Anti Ragging Committees should be constituted with representatives from teaching faculty, students and management. The Committee is also co-opt members from local parents, hostel wardens.|
Actions to be taken against students for indulging in and abetting Ragging:-
- For every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the Institutional authorities with the local Police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution